Sunday 4 November 2012

Screenshots of past week: Part 1

Guild Wars screenshots from past week: Part 1!

This are screenshots from Thursday or Friday... I've been doing some quests with Snake. I did World vs World with Gabriella. I explored Rata Sum and I did more World vs World with Gabriella and Björn. More in part 2...



Me and my brown bear named Beer!
Photobucket







Me as a pig during a quest.

Photobucket







Me fighting two Veterans because when I run into only one Veteran it isn't special anymore.

Photobucket







Halloween spider bow!

Photobucket







Some weird place...

Photobucket








Snake already left so I decided to do an event quest alone. It said I had to blow up 4 pillars in a cave so the cave would collapse and the monsters would be cut off from a nearby fort. It sounded easier than it was. The monsters inside were pretty hard to kill and there were many of it. The blowing up was fun, as long as I managed to stay alive. I didn't die but I was close to dying many times. By reaching higher levels I got more skills. Some really help a lot. And it also helps a lot that my pets take most of the damage I would receive.

Photobucket






Later that evening (night actually) Gabriella logged in. I was pretty tired but I decided to play a bit anyway. She found another fun transform it seems...

Photobucket







We went into World vs World. There we found some guy showing off his Spirits.

Photobucket








Picture of us running because it looks so cool and because we run a lot.

Photobucket







Gabriella trying to revive me.

Photobucket







Gabriella got a new skill. It's one that allows her to revive a downed player instantly. Of course she wanted to try it out so it was my turn to die. She asked it really nicely. 

Photobucket








My pets were so nice to try to defend me while I tried to die. It was pretty difficult to keep them away from the monsters. And if I managed the monsters decided to attack my pet instead of me. It took quite a while...

Photobucket







So I finally died... And someone of our Realm ran to us and 'helped' Gabriella reviving me. So kind!

Photobucket








We wanted to try it again but we suddenly noticed a whole horde of enemies ran to us. Gabriella just passed them by running in the opposite direction.

Photobucket







I just watched them running to me. It's my special ability. Of course I got killed.

Photobucket







I followed Gabriella around through the world. She has this skill that makes her lose less health when she 'falls' (jumps) off cliffs. I don't have that ability so I'm having a great time trying to follow Gabriella without dying.

Photobucket








I also noticed Gabriella doesn't even look where she runs. She has a goal and just runs straight to it. Even if it means going through a pack of wolves.

Photobucket








Another running screenshot because running is cool.

Photobucket








She only stops running when she sees ore.

Photobucket








Even if the ore is surrounded by wildlife.

Photobucket








I had a few points of interest that I didn't visit yet in this world. I wanted to get the achievement so I went looking for it. Turned out one of the points was a fort taken by enemies. When the 'real' players were gone I just ran into the fort, through all the NPC guardians, and ran back out. Me and Gabriella are still surprised that I survived that.

Photobucket








I'm learning Gabriella's rescue way. Just hide and watch the other die.

Photobucket








My last point of interest was an island in the middle of a lake. I'm glad I didn't just rush on the island because there was an event going on that included a lot monsters.

Photobucket







Before we stopped playing we saw this happening... There is an orb in the world that gives you extra buffs or powers. Even though we had EVERY fort on the map the enemy still managed to run off with our orb. Since they had no fort to hide it in they just ran around with it. There were only 4 players or something of our realm online so we couldn't take it back. It was really weird... hilarious... shameful... 

Photobucket







The day after, the day after Halloween, there was still one Halloween guy in town. He has a fun box. It gave you items that transformed you into fun things for a short while. It had snowballs and sometimes you grew twice as big. I had a lot fun with it but suddenly the box disappeared... In place of the box bombs appeared, firework bombs! I had a lot fun with those too.

Photobucket






Then I continued with my story line.

Photobucket







And I visited Rata Sum to get an achievement.

Photobucket








I realized that Gabriella was right. Taking screenshots of yourself falling is fun. Damn you Rata Sum...

Photobucket







After that I went to do some quests for lower levels to get another achievement.

Photobucket








I got very stinky feet. And not only me.

Photobucket








When I got into this lab there was a boss veteran monster. I was all alone... and decided to kill it. I nearly died a few times but I still managed to kill it. After that I almost died by the regular monsters around but someone else came in and helped me out.

Photobucket







Björn joined me for a bit and we did this side quest. I loved the two Skirtt who were spamming each other with 'Guarding'. Funny things.

Photobucket







Then we met up in Lion's Arch. Me and Gabriella both got a witch hat from the Halloween event. Yay dancing.

Photobucket







Then we went to World vs World. We followed Gabriella... Me and Gabriella both died from falling off cliffs. Björn was after us and laughed with us. Gabriella died on a higher place so Björn revived her first... or almost. He stopped right before he would be done and jumped down to revive me. Then he realized he couldn't jump up to Gabriella anymore. The only way to reach her was going all round. Gabriella just went back to the waypoint.

Photobucket


Photobucket









The enemy was busy taking all our forts so we ran into a lot of enemies.


Photobucket

Photobucket


...

Photobucket







We went to Garisson. A big, important fort. We were with only a few defenders while there were a lot invaders. We were going to lose the fort for sure but we tried to defend it anyway. Garisson has two walls. We first tried to repair the wall and the gate while fighting from on the outer wall.

Photobucket







Then we tried defending the inner wall, where we died trying. But... we died together!

Photobucket







Which Gabriella liked a lot... 'bah'. An ally revived Gabriella and me, but I died right away again. I lag when there's so much going on so I ran into the wrong direction and died again.

Photobucket







Gabriella managed to escape and died by falling off a cliff. Haha.

Photobucket







To end the day me and Gabriella both used a new skill we got. It plants 4 flower turrets around us. 4 flower turrets each is 8 flowers! Yey!

Photobucket