Thursday 13 January 2011

The story after: Chapter 3

Chapter 3:  Illusion

Neocro and Sean walked slowly back to the city. "So... if I want to go to Azria I have to buy a ticket?" Sean nodded. "How much would I need?" "Like 25 million..." Neocro took the bag that Jess gave her and started to count. "This is about 3 million, that's not enough. How do I get fast more money?" Sean looked to Neocro. "What level are you anyway?" Neocro lifted her shoulders. "I don't know." Sean laughed. "Well you're a special one. I think the easiest thing to do is put that money on your bank account, it'll increase automatically." "Sounds good." said Neocro. "Where do I have to go to then?" Sean looked to the sky. It started to get dark. "I think we'd better go get a rest in the guild house, and come back tomorrow." Neocro started to get nervous. "The guild house where I was yesterday?" Sean nodded. They both looked quiet to the stars that appeared in the sky. "Just come with me, to the guild house. They really aren't angry or something." Neocro smiled. "If you say so." Sean yawned and stretched his arms. Then he reached his hand to Neocro. "Let's go." Neocro took his hand and they appeared in Flaris. They walked to the guild house.

Sean opened the door and Neocro entered, followed by Sean. "Hi guys!" said Sean. Some people turned their hands and said hello, or waved. No one seemed to care that Neocro was there. A boy in a blue shirt got up from the sofa where he was sitting in. "Neocro!" Neocro blushed. "Hi Rick." "Welcome back! What did you do today? How did you meet Sean?" Neocro didn't know if she should tell about her trying to kill some monsters. "I-I met a girl today... I followed her around and she payed me for that." "Why would anyone do that?" A big guy dressed in a red knight armor came closer. "I don't know, but I had fun." The Knight laughed. "I'm Alex. You're Neocro, right? From yesterday?" Neocro nodded. "Welcome in TenaciouS guild house!" He dragged a boy from a chair. "This is Andy." Andy cursed. He spoiled his drink over his clothes when Alex dragged him off the chair. "Sorry, nice to meet you Neocro." Andy shook Neocro's hand. Neocro smiled. This wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Sean, Rick, Alex and Andy started to talk. Neocro listened only half. Suddenly a girl in white came closer, one of the guild leaders remembered Neocro. She hold her breath. "Hi guys, had a nice day?" They murmured 'yes' and 'nothing special'. Then she turned to Neocro. "Welcome back!" "T-thanks..." "Are you staying over the night?" Neocro didn't know what to say. "Can she, please? Nathalie?" said Sean fast. "Of course. Well, have fun." she walked away again. Neocro sighted. The boys continued talking. "So, we'll have a big party when Andy is going to become a hero. We'll go with the whole guild to Volcano." said Alex. "Sounds fun," said Sean. "But I'll probably die by those dragons." They laughed. "Is Andy a Hero?" asked Neocro, suddenly curious. "I'm not yet. I'll have to train a little more but then I will be!" "But, how can you be so sure that the Gods will accept you as a true Hero?" asked Neocro, not even knowing why she asked that. The 3 boys around her stared to her for a second. "I'm not going to be a true Hero..." said Andy. "I'll just be a hero..." Neocro felt like saying more but closed her mouth. A normal hero? Did that exist? The boys continued talking and planning about how they'd go to volcano. Neocro looked around her, not really following the conversation anymore. Like yesterday people were sitting around everywhere, their weapons spread on the ground and on tables. She saw the yoyo she touched yesterday, but didn't feel like touching it again. Suddenly she saw the boy she saw yesterday, in the corner of the room, sitting alone at a table. Neocro walked slowly to the small table and put herself on the other chair. "Hi." said Neocro. The boy was wearing a black suit, it looked a bit like a big pajama, and had a big hat on his head that covered his eyes.. The boy lifted his head and looked to Neocro. "Oh, hello. How are you?" "I'm fine, I guess." said Neocro. "Oh, that's good." said the boy. They got quiet. "I'm Neocro." said Neocro. The boy smiled. "I knew that, I never seen any other vagrant running in and using Legendary Golden Yoyos." Neocro blushed. "I'm DutchD, Dion." said the boy. "Dino?" asked Neocro. Dion laughed. "Not dino, Dion!" "I'm sorry! Dion!" said Neocro fast.

The evening passed fast. Dion told Neocro about his adventures around Madrigal. After that she went to sleep, like all the others. When she came downstairs the next morning, Sean was already waiting on her. "Good morning, Neocro. Ready to go to the bank?" Neocro nodded. They left the guild house and walked to the other side of the central square of Flarine. Sean showed her where she could deposit her money. She handed over the 3 million to the woman of the bank. She put the money away and looked in a big book. "Your current bank balance is now 8billion 478million." Neocro shocked. "Come again?" "Your current bank balance is now 8billion 478million." repeated the woman. Neocro looked nervous to Sean. He didn't make any move. "Ok, thanks." said Neocro finally to the woman, and they walked away.

"I think she was checking the wrong bank account..." said Neocro while they walked over the square. "Or it must be bugged." said Sean. "Probably." said Neocro. They got quiet. "I'll tell no one." said Sean finally. "I didn't know." said Neocro. "I can't believe I got so much money. I can't even remember ever playing this game. I started 2 days ago..." They got quiet again. Neocro couldn't believe what she just discovered. She was rich, more than rich. How did she get that money? Suddenly a voice disturbed her thoughts. "Hiiiiii yoooouuu!" Neocro and Sean looked around. It was Jess, now wearing magician clothes. "Jess!" said Neocro. Jess swung her arms around Neocro. "Gooooood mooooorning." Sean looked smiling to Neocro. "Did you make friends?" "I guess..." said Neocro, while Jess let her finally go. Jess looked curiously to Sean. "Who is he?" "He's someone from the guild where I am staying." said Neocro. Jess lifted her shoulders. "Hi, cool. You're a magician." said Sean. "Yes I am." said Jess. "What build do you have? I like magicians!" "I'm full strength!" said Jess. Sean got quiet. "Are you serious?" asked Sean after staring to Jess for a while, to detect any sign of that she was lying. "Of course. My attack increases when I add strength!" Sean sighted. Jess ignored him and turned back to Neocro "You know what I realized? I never asked your name." Sean hid his face in his hands. "Uhm..." said Neocro. "I'm Neocro..." Jess laughed. "Nice to meet you Neocro. Want to come with me again today? Or do you prefer to stay with this... weird... boy..." Neocro looked apologizing to Sean. "It's fine!" said Sean. "I'm going to train anyway. I'll see you tonight Neocro!" Sean walked away. Neocro sighted. Neocro and Jess used a blink wing to Saint Morning and walked to Pumpkin town. There Jess started to kill Mr. Pumpkins. Meanwhile Jess kept talking about all sorts of things. "What job do you have actually?" asked Jess suddenly. "I think I'm an acrobat..." said Neocro. "That's cool!" said Jess. "Then you can use Dark Illusion." "Dark Illusion?" asked Neocro. "Yeah!" said Jess. "It's a skill where you can just, disappear!" Neocro took out her Yoyos and stared to them. "Just try it." said Jess.  Neocro closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on something... on what? Suddenly she turned around her yoyos and everything felt different. Suddenly the wind ran through Neocro, not around her. She felt much lighter. Everything had different, stronger colors. Neocro smiled. Dark Illusion... "And, is it fun?" asked Jess. Neocro nodded, then she realized Jess probably didn't see her. "This is great!" The girls laughed. The rest of the morning, Neocro ran around in Dark Illusion, keeping one eye on Jess. Jess just kept on talking, she knew that Neocro never went that far away. Neocro enjoyed it. Still... She had the feeling that she missed something. That feeling came as soon as she saw the statue. She felt like she was forgetting something, something more important than forgetting she ever played this game. Still, it couldn't ruin her mood. Dark Illusion was great...