Saturday 6 August 2011

Loong

When I was browsing on the forum I usual browse on (but where I barely post on) I found about this game. I checked the gameplay video and I downloaded it right away. I told Son about it and he downloaded it too.

At first I couldn't logg in. I tried to find the Technical support on the forum but couldn't find it. The game is rather new and the support is still rather poor. Anyway, after searching for a while I found out how to make my game work.

I made my character. You can choose the sex, hair (hair colour), face and the clothes you'll wear in the beginning. You CAN'T choose your class. Actually, there are no classes. More about that later. You can click on examples of the weapons you can choose later though, and also armour. It makes your character look incredible cool.

Anyway you start with a character with some basic clothes. I picked a male guy. You have no weapons in the beginning and you start a few random quests. They explain the game and bit by bit you get armour and you can pick a weapon. I'm not sure any more what weapon you can pick in the beginning but I think it was: Sword, Spear, Bow and some kind of magical instrument. I picked the 'manarm' (spear). Later you also get your first and second pet. The first one (a flower or a cat, I picked a flower) can pick items. The second one is a mount (a pink pony). Though you can't ride it yet.

Then, you kill monsters, talk to people, kill monsters, ... And finally you can get off the beginning island. You arrive in Heavenly Dragon Castle. It's a rather big town with a lot of NPCs and other players with private stores. It's quite annoying to run through all this people but pressing on F9 solves it! F9 makes you hide all the other players. Hooray!

Arriving in Heavenly Dragon Castle gives you more quests. Well you get the point now. I learned how to ride my mount and got my second weapon later. Second weapon can be: A glove, a second sword or... (can't remember!). I picked the glove. Now, about the weapons and skills and classes. You basically have no class. You just add stat points and get skills. Those skills define your class. You can just add all your skill points to one weapon, or divide it over your two weapons. I'm still figuring the skills out so... You also have skills that count for all weapons, the battle skills. The battle skills are skills like healing HP when you're not fighting, moving faster for a while, ... Useful skills!
I started adding spear skills but before going to bed yesterday I decided to try out the sword. You get like 4 'restats' and 'reskills'. They expire at level 30. I think it's a good thing that you get those.

What more... You can get two crafting skills. I didn't get those yet because it's still very unclear to me. Craftng skills are like: Mining, forging, make armour, make weapons... Then you can also go fishing and get free exp while fishing. You also get free exp when you are online for an half hour. Although that just works 8.When you reach a specific level, I think, you get then again free exp by being online. You get free gifts all the time by leveling up. You can get new equipment every 10 levels (there is robe clothes and armour clothes). You can level up your pets by feeding them. There is a pvp arena (didn't check that out yet).

Now my bad comments. I'm so used to Flyff and even though this game is rather open and you got freedom I STILL think Flyff has more freedom. The walking in Flyff, the jumping... It just works way smoother on Flyff? Or is that just me...
I happened to get stuck a few times. I jump around all the time and happen to get stuck on mountain sides or rocks. Not such a big deal though.
Auto-running is cool and very useful. But because of that I always lose my way when I have to run around myself. Thehe.
Dear game. If you give so many items then at least make sure that the basic inventory and bank is bigger. What do I have to do with all this stuff?!
The skills seems a bit weak to me. Or I just went with the wrong build. We'll see.


And then... last thing before I let you see the screenshots... Holy lovely graphics! You're so lovely!






My first screenshot, running through town.

Photobucket





Outside of the Dragon Castle.

Photobucket





My mount.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






Hooray for the expressions etc. Here I'm laying down!

Photobucket


Photobucket






Doing dungeon with the one on the forum who posted about this game. Was fun to fight together!

Photobucket


Photobucket






Having fun with expressions.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






So, yeah. I was at that castle and I was jumping around and I randomly jumped off the castle and ended up in this water.

Photobucket