Wednesday 9 June 2010

Grand Fantasia

As some of you know already, I started to play some other game with Robin cause we both got a little bored of hanging around on Flyff doing nothing. After searching alot we decided to try out this game.


Photobucket


Grand Fantasia has, like Flyff, a sortof childish way of representing the characters and monsters. In the beginning it was weird but you get used to the weird looking characters. All by all this style isn't bad. It makes it less serious. (Oh I wear such ugly suit on this screenshot lol.)


Photobucket


The exp isn't that awesome high but there are quests everywhere so they make training faster. No, no boring repeatable quests (atleast not so far), but changing quests. You don't have to run all the time either. You just take your time killing that amount of monster, gathering that amount of items. Meanwhile you got loads of other things to do.

Like?

Like training your Sprite. At the beginning of the game you get to choose a Sprite. Sprites are sortof fairies who help you. They create things like armour and weapons. You can decide what they'll make on the beginning of the game. Ofcourse for making those things you need items but you can get all those items by letting your Sprite hunt, mining, search, ... those items. So meanwhile you're doing your quests you have to give your Sprite orders all the time. Later you can also find more Sprites. I got two now. One that makes weapons and the other one makes armour. I won't show you the second one cause he's damn ugly, lol.



Photobucket


What else can I say. I got a little annoyed with targetting monsters. Robin seems to have no problems with it but I get the feeling that targetting stuff is a little 'hard'. Also I had/have barely money to buy HP recovering stuff so I have to sit down all the time to recover my HP. Not that big problem since I have to take care of my Sprite too and I'm mostly busy with more things too (not ingame then) so I don't mind that much. Chatting doesn't go that well either. That sucks cause I love chatting 8D.



Photobucket



More about the quests. You can auto-run to the people you need for your quest, if you're in the same map. When you have to kill monsters it'll show you where the monsters are. By clicking on the map you'll run to that point.

There's also not one world but diffrent maps. Loading goes pretty fast so it didn't get that annoying to me yet.




Photobucket


Until now I rather enjoyed this game altough I get a bit crazy of the many options this game has. We'll see how long I'll play this and for now feel free to join us. We're in server Alice and mostly on S2. Our char names are Ruiro and Roik.