Wednesday 25 May 2011

V17: What the glow?!

I have to admit, I thought it'd take another month before V17 would be released but I was wrong. This morning there was a maintenance that would turn our V16 Flyff into V17.

The first thing I noticed when I logged in was the login screen (obviously...). The background finally changed! Later I noticed that the picture from going to Arena, Azria and Tower changed too. I tried to take pictures of them... 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket





Because of the 2.5x exp event I started to train my Jester immediately. When I got my hyoyos (Dino forgot to give them back) I found out about the new glow. My yoyos suddenly looked very cool.

Photobucket





The glow of my LGAs on the other side... What happened to thàt? This is a +10 LGA with +10 Water. The glow is fine...

Photobucket





This is my Ultimate LGA +3 with 10 Fire. Where's my fire? Where is my glow?

Photobucket





When I was flying to Elliun and equipped my Lee fist... This is +5 fire. Much cooler than my LGA?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Dino's knuckle also barely glowed. This is upgraded with earth.

Photobucket





Here are a few links to the element upgrades.







Puting the ruined glow aside... The NPC stores changed too. You have a cart now where you can put all the things you want to buy, then you can buy it all together at once. It's pretty useful but I wasn't waiting for that.


Photobucket





The Beruna upgrade system got more extended. I can do more things with my Upgrade Spirit now.

There are also new level 130 sets, which was mentioned before. You can get them in the new dungeon.

Photobucket





After that I decided to visit the new land: Bahara Desert. I started to fly from Elliun to the mountains in the west... But I couldn't figure out how to get into the Bahara Desert! After flying from north to south to north to south I figured how to enter the new land. You just have to get into the black hole in the river. Phew.

Photobucket




I appeared on the other side of the mountains. Bahara Desert! I started to explore right away, by feet of course.

Photobucket





There are a few new NPCs at the oasis.


Photobucket





Then I found the new monsters. Time to take a closer look.

Photobucket






As Karlo mentioned before: "New monsters are supposed to look scarier, but this new monsters look cute!"


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Pyramids.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Entrance to the new dungeon.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





This are monsters that stick with two. If you attack one, the other one will attack too. If you kill one, the other one will die too. Pretty cool.

Photobucket


Photobucket





This is the second oasis, this one is surrounded by monsters though. And there's a cool statue!


Photobucket





I also ran into this Giant. When I tried sneaking it, it started to chase after me. Help!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





I looked for a last time around and left the Desert. A cool new place, funny new monsters but... They're overpowered again. I wish they'd make easier monsters.

Photobucket




Then at last. The Colosseum. I'm going to try it later and take screenshots from it. You can find the NPC adn the old Saint Morning arena.

Photobucket






I didn't mention the new inventory yet, but it has new tabs now. You have the tab 'Items' which is as much as the original inventory. Then you have the tab 'Pets' where all your pets appear. Buff pets, pick up pets and raised pets. The third tab is 'Fashion', it contains all your Fashion Cash Shop pieces. Useful if you got a lot of CS clothes. The last tab is 'Quest'. Quest items don't appear there though. I think only quest specific items appear there.
I would've liked it more if there was a separate tab for beads or cards, since those things take most of my inventory space.


V17, another new version. Another new land with more overpowered monsters. No new premium arena this time so I doubt that I'll try to reach level 140. The Colosseum might be fun but I heard from a lot of people that it's boring and hard. Some new things are useful but most weren't things we were waiting for. What is V18 going to be like?