Saturday 28 May 2011

Interview with Aladdin

I meet Aladdin in his country Agrabah, at an oasis. The wind blows up the sand of the desert. Palm trees throw shadows on the ground. The shadows is the only place where I can hide from the burning sun. Aladdin welcomes me and calls for his monkey. Abu. He is dressed in fine clothes and wears a turban. I'm pretty nervous.



Photobucket


Aladdin: There he is! Abu you naughty monkey!

Abu runs around Aladdin's legs. He looks happy.

Me: It's a honor finally meeting you Aladdin.
A: OMG, the honor is totally mine. You totally levelled me when I was a nub. Well I am still a nub but still.
Me: Haha, we can say you're a lot stronger than me now!

Aladdin makes a weird face and smiles.

Aladdin: Nah!
Me: You're rather new on Flyff, aren't you?
Aladdin: Yes, I have been playing since March, so compared to some players that is pretty new. I did play another MMO so I kinda knew how to play.
Me: What I would like to ask is what a fantasy hero like you is doing on a MMO.
Aladdin: Fantasy? I am just a street rat.
Me: I have to admit I never saw your movie, but I did see some series of you on TV. You are like a hero saving the town over and over again! Together with your monkey Abu, your flying carpet and the Genie.
Aladdin: Awww. Hahahah it was mostly misadventures. Just getting into trouble mostly. For some reason trouble loves to find me. Btw, do I look fat on TV?
Me: Haha not at all. Did all your friends follow you to Flyff? I see Abu is sitting at your feet.




Photobucket

Aladdin nods. Abu jumps happy around.

Aladdin: Yea! Abu of course.
Me: What about the Genie and carpet?
Aladdin: Carpet came! Want to see him?!
Me: Yes! I have been dying to see him!

Aladdin calls out the carpet. He appears from behind one of the small buildings. Aladdin put himself on him.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Aladdin: Carpet! There, he was hiding.



I look amazed. I never saw a flying carpet before.




Aladdin: He kinda shrank, with the move over to flyff. But he still does some cool tricks.



Aladdin shows me some tricks with the carpet.

Aladdin: The Genie? That lousy bum... After I set him free... He ran away.

Me: That's too bad! He was a great help!

Aladdin: Didn't even give me my wishes. I'm looking for him! I will find him eventually.

Me: What about Jasmine? Do you still see her?


Aladdin hesitates. The smile disappears from his face.


Aladdin: Jasmine ran away with the Genie! I lost my Jasmine.


Photobucket


Aladdin swallows.




Me: That's tricky. I'm sorry.

Aladdin: That's why I need to find the tricky Genie. I want my Jasmine!

Me: Well I'm sure you can get her back! Can you show me some of your sword skills?



The smile on his face appears again.



Aladdin: Sure! Have to be strong to find her. I need to become a Prince after all. Prince Ali Ababwa.

He looks around him.

Aladdin: Hmmm. What shall we fight? Pow! Gotta stretch!

He stretches himself.


Photobucket


Aladdin: Ok I am ready. Ahh that dinosaur!

I follow him into the desert. I see some dinosaurs walking around. I didn't know there were dinosaurs walking around in Agrabah.


Photobucket

Aladdin: Wack. Wack, oooh he is tricky. Ahhhhh, die. Die, die, die

Aladdin fights the dinosaur. His fist hits the face of the dinosaur time after time. Suddenly the dinosaur hits Aladdin back. He falls on the ground.
Me: Aladdin, no!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Aladdin: I think I am not done training yet!

Me: I think so. You still need a lot training to win Jasmine back!


Aladdin gets up and takes a sword and an axe in his hand.


Aladdin: I will have my revenge! Shh, this is the dark side of Aladdin.


He attacks the dinosaur. It doesn't take long before the dinosaur dies.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Me: With this strenght I'm sure you can get Jasmine back!
Aladdin: Or another Jasmine.
He smiles.

Me: Anyway Aladdin, let's take a few shots for the photo shoot. Then I'll let you go.

Aladdin: Agrabah is very scenic! We have pyramids!

Me: Can I see those?

We fly over the desert to one of the pyramids.



Aladdin: That's one of our famous pyramids. What do you think?

Me: This is great! I'm glad I got the chance to visit your country.

Aladdin: Thanks for visiting!

Me: I hope we'll meet again and I wish you a lot luck with your coming adventures.

Aladdin: Please come again soon.

I take a few photos and leave the desert. What a great meeting.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket