Thursday 26 April 2012

'Working' at the farm


Yesterday I switched houses so that meant I could play Minecraft again! Sabrina joined me and I invited Dave over, a non-Flyff player. At first he got really confused about our conversation (about Flyff) but after a while he learned to just be fine with them.

After showing what I had done in the castle we ran back to the farm to continue building on our farm.

We finished the first floor and decided to start making different rooms. I really wanted a fireplace so tried to build one. When I was done it put fire in it....

...

Then slowly I saw the blocks above me burning. When I got on the first floor I also saw the roof burning. Um, oops. Sabrina ran around screaming that everything was on fire. We had no idea where Dave was. Sabrina told me to use the rain command to stop the fire but... I didn't know that command. While we tried to stop the fire that was burning the whole roof Dave seemed to notice something was wrong and told me the rain command. Save!


Photobucket







Screenshot above is one of Sabrina. She has HD graphics. I'll install that later too. Screenshot below is how the roof looked after the fire. I apologized to Sabrina but there was no need for that. She was in pain because of... laughing. Relieved we ran to the forest and together with Dave we started to chop trees down... again. After a while we had enough wood to finish the roof, I helped this time.

Photobucket








We knew it'd be the best if Sabrina would build the fireplace (I already thought I wasn't getting one since what happened). Meanwhile I went gathering materials to build the kitchen. When I had everything in my inventory I ran out the house... Straight into a creeper. Pssssss.... BAM. The front of the house was gone. I respawned and... yup. Another creeper. Half the storage was blown up! While I was getting everything back in chests I noticed some commotion at the farm too. Apparently Dave ran into a creeper too and blew up a wall of the farm.

Photobucket







Screenshot above is one of me after the second explosion. Screenshot below is one of Sabrina that came to fix the storage.

Photobucket







Dave looking innocent after blowing up a wall... Or two.

Photobucket








After fixing everything I wanted to go to the Nether ( a sort of hell) to get glow stone (lights that hang on the ceiling in the Nether). While I gathered some stones Sabrina ran further. I managed to fall down from the ceiling to the ground and died. I teleported back to Dave, took my items back and searched Sabrina. She was in a fight with some fire monsters! After that I was busy teleporting Dave and Sabrina back to me, and me to them. We kept on dying by explosions, fire, firemonsters, ...

Dave gave up in the end taking his items back and went fist fighting some monsters. Meanwhile Sabrina found the way back to the portal that would lead us back to our farm and castle.

Photobucket


Photobucket







Finally. Back above the ground. Farm seen from on the castle walls.

Photobucket







Dave and Sabrina trying to figure out why I'm running after a chicken.

Photobucket







Something that goes on my list of things that I shouldn't do on minecraft: Tell Dave and Sabrina to fight.

Photobucket







Watching the sunset through a window in the farm.

Photobucket








The kitchen.

Photobucket








The fireplace that doesn't set our farm in fire.

Photobucket





Anyway. It was a fun evening messing around on minecraft. The farm needs still a lot of work (it's quite big...) but I'm sure we'll manage, specially with some helping hands! Thank you Sabrina and Dave.