Wednesday 7 December 2011

Sinterklaas kapoentje

In Belgium (and the Netherlands) we got this weird tradition called 'Sinterklaas'. I doubt you'll understand what it means unless you're Dutch. But for the not-Dutch blog readers I'll try to explain.

Sinterklaas is like a not fat Santa that comes on 6 December (5 December in the Netherlands). He's a good man that has a helper called Black Piet. Kids write a letter telling Sinterklaas they've been good kids last year (else you don't get presents) and ask a present. They put the letter in their shoe and put it at the fireplace. They also leave a carrot and sugar (for his horse) and drinks for Sinterklaas and Black Piet. Then they go to bed. Sinterklaas walks with his horse over the roofs to drop presents and candy (mostly chocolate) through the fireplace in your house. The next morning children find presents and chocolate (and more) at their fireplace.

Anyway. Even though I didn't expect presents anymore (I'm a little too old for it now...) I still got a few things! First of all I got this big cookie (and another one).  And I got new earphones. They're green! (It's not on the picture, sorry...) On the background you can see the city put already the Christmas tree on the square. Christmas is coming near!


Photobucket






And secondly I got a bit money and loads of chocolate. A secret Sinterklaas also gave me the second book of Eragon to borrow. I wonder who it was ... !

Photobucket







And before we forget. Guys. Skyrim. If you're too lazy to watch the video, click here.