Monday 18 July 2011

Holidays!

Sitting behind my dad on the motorbike I watched to the hills that surrounded me. I felt my heart glowing. I'm still not sure what I like more. Sealand, with the open flat fields and small channels? Or do I like the Ardennes more, with the hills and forests. As we drove through a forest I could smell the fresh forest smell. The smell of the pine trees. The smell of the plants that grow on the rough forest ground. One thing is sure, damn I love this place.

After begging for a while with my mother to give me a day off I could finally go on a short holiday again. Last time that I got off for holidays was autumn last year. I was really happy that I could go, though I felt a bit bad leaving TDF. I'm starting to get TDF addict...
I could go with my dad and his girlfriend to the Ardennes, the country side of Belgium. They had their motorbikes standing in the old farm where we stay. It's a house from my grandparents and we often go there. The house is in a really small village with farmers and surrounded by hills and forests.

I had a great time there. We got up when we wanted, ate breakfast with bacon and eggs. We drove with the motorbikes (me behind my dad). We worked on the jigsaw puzzle dad's girlfriend brought and play card games.We had lunch mostly around 4pm and have late dinner followed by pie. We sat at the barbecue (that we use as a fireplace) and only went to bed when it was completely dark around us.

It all sounds lame but to me it was great. I work every week only 3 days but the other 4 days never give me the feeling of holidays. Time for pictures!





This first picture I took is from my place in dad's car. It's a Land Rover Defender with only 2 seats. I just put myself in the back when we're there in the country side. There's no police there (or at least I never saw police...) so it's fine to not have a seat. Dad never rides on the same road, he happens to take a lot of the sand roads between the fields. Also, this is the car where I had my first driving lesson with.


Photobucket






Preparing dinner. Yay for my fuzzy pictures.

Photobucket





Me with my motorbike clothes. I'm a fat alien like this.

Photobucket






Horseys!


Photobucket


Photobucket







View from a place where we had a break on a motorbike tour.

Photobucket







I once made a camp in this forest with a friend years ago. It's still kind of there, not in a good state though. Close by there is this ant nest. You can't see it on the picture but this whole nest is crowded with ants, this ants take needles from the forest to build this nest with. It's amazing.


Photobucket







Blueberry! I really love this berries so I went looking for them. The next morning I took my bike, drove up the hill, into the forest and picked berries for like an half hour. After that I drove back and had them for breakfast. -sparkling eyes-

Photobucket






This are the blueberries bushes. The sun was shining through the trees.

Photobucket


Photobucket






Fields and hills and cows and stuff.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket







Close to sunset. This is in the 'garden' of the farm.

Photobucket






Swallows where flying over, catching bugs before they'd go to sleep. I tried to take pictures of them flying but yeah... My phone is not a good camera. So here's a picture of a blue air instead of birds!

Photobucket






Barbecue!

Photobucket


Photobucket







The barbecue camp fire.

Photobucket







On the motorbike. Don't mind my father's not shaved face. He shaved when we came back home. Sigh.

Photobucket







This are pictures of the jigsaw puzzle. There were 1500 pieces. I couldn't finish it, there were like 30 pieces left.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket