Friday 25 May 2012

Clay figure: Samurai Panda


I decided to make a Samurai Panda with the clay I bought. It was... harder than I expected it to be... It's harder than papercrafting! to get the right shapes in the clay and make it stay like that was hard. Then I started painting... I'm so happy that I got a really thin pencil because without it I would've even failed more than now. There are so many places that are hard to reach and... it's just really difficult.

But... I enjoyed it. I think even might make more clay figures. It was fun to do! Ideas for a second one are welcome.

Originally I wanted the gray/blue parts to be beige but my beige turned out to be pink. For my next figure I'll buy some colours paint because I'm not so good in mixing it seems.

Here are the pictures!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket








I started making this by making a model with iron wire and tinfoil. I made it thinner than on this picture though but it gave me and idea from how I wanted it too look like.

Photobucket







Drying in the sun.

Photobucket


Photobucket