Wednesday 2 March 2011

The story after: Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The ninja.

Neocro noticed how it got lighter around her, the sun was rising. She got up, stretched herself and yawned. "I should head back..." murmured Neocro as she looked around her, trying to figure out where she was. She noticed she was on the hills between the swamps of Cendil and the forest. She looked down. The big mushrooms almost raised to the top of the hill she was on. There were flying creatures down in the swamps, Irens, and bigger monsters with a head like a mushroom, Mushpoie. Neocro noticed a person between the monsters, she narrowed her eyes. It was a boy who was holding one sword. The sword didn't look that big as a sword Knights would use, it looked more like a one-handed sword. The boy was killing Mushpoie. Neocro never seen someone training like that before. "I assume if Bow Jesters exist, that Blades with one sword exist too..." She started to walk down, back the forest.

As she got lower, the sound of birds who were waking up soared in her ears. Fog was lying as a blanket over the soft forest floor. It was still very early. Neocro used Dark Illusion, to avoid fights with the monsters around, and walked to the ruins. When she got there she saw everyone lying around the left overs from the campfire of last night. Everyone seemed to be asleep. Neocro gathered some wood and made a new fire. As she was doing that, Sean lifted his head. "Good morning." He yawned. "Good morning Sean, bacon and eggs for breakfast?" Sean smiled. "Please!" Neocro cooked in silence. When she was finished she gave a plate to Sean and herself. They started to eat while the others were still asleep. "You and MrBored... You both seem to struggle with something." Neocro sighed. "Struggle is a big word." "What is it then...?" Neocro stared to the food on her plate. "We both seem to have lost memories of our past." Neocro talked hesitating. "The powerful Magician Lucrecia told you about... She was a friend of us. Her name was Laola." Neocro took a deep breath. "We stayed over at her house for quite a long time. During daytime we trained, at evenings we sat here all together at her house, we slept in the attic." "Who is we? Were you powerful heroes?" asked Sean. "I... I don't know..." Sean stared surprised to Neocro, having his fork halfway to his mouth. Neocro continued eating, not wanting to talk any more about it.

The others woke up one by one and Neocro fried eggs and bacon for all of them. After breakfast they went to work. Lucrecia flew back to Darken to get materials. They day passed while they worked on the house. In the afternoon Lucrecia came back, carrying the materials. When Neocro went to get mud out of the swamps, she saw the boy she saw that morning again. He was still fighting with one sword. At the end of the day they were happy about the work they realized. They had dinner together and gazed to the stars till they fell asleep. Days passed and the house got bigger. They worked almost every day from morning till evening. At mornings Neocro got up before the others did and climbed the hills between the swamps and the forest. There she put herself down and enjoyed the first sun rays of the day. Each day she saw the strange boy appearing and training, with the one one-handed sword. Neocro wondered why he only used one small sword, and why he trained so much.

After a week the house was almost finished. Neocro was on the hill again, watching the boy in the swamps. Neocro sighed, got up and walked down. "Hi." The boy shocked and looked to Neocro. "Oh, hello." "How is the training going?" "Fine, fine." He looked confused around him by having suddenly company. "Mind if I stay with you for a little...?" asked Neocro carefully. "Sure, if you don't mind I continue training." Neocro smiled. "No problem. I'm Neocro, I'm a Jester. I'm staying in the forest close by. Every morning I walk up those hills." Neocro pointed to the hills. "And you're training every morning I noticed." "Oh... I never saw someone watching me..." The boy continued fighting. Neocro laughed. "Well I was always in Dark Illusion." "That explains..." He finished one monster and ran to another. Neocro noticed his weird way of using his sword. "What's your name?" The boy stared to his sword. "I'm Son, I'm a Ninja." Neocro stared to the boy. He continued fighting. "A.. a what?" "I'm a Ninja! Well basically I'm a Blade, but I'm a Ninja Blade. I don't use two weapons but I use my Katana." Neocro looked really confused to the boy. "Katana?" "Yes, yes." said Son a bit inpatient now. "My sword, it's a Katana, it's name is Uryu." He ran to Neocro, knelt down and whispered in Neocro's ear. "At nights, I'm a Dragon Knight." He ran back to the Mushpoie. "A... Dragon Knight... What is that like?" Neocro didn't know what to think about this boy now. "I wouldn't know." said the boy. "I never train at nights."