Wednesday 10 October 2012

The world versus us

First of all, I apologize for the amount of screenshots. I tried really hard to sort them out but there are just too many awesome screenshots. I post only 39 screenshots of the 90 we took.

Yesterday me and Gabriella played Guild Wars 2. Gabriella wasn't sure what character she liked the most but we made up our mind. We'll play together on our Sprouts (me Ranger, Gabriella Guardian) and when we play alone we play on our Hamsters (me Warrior, Gabriella Ranger)

Before I tell you the story of yesterday I show you some screenshots of last week.





Fight with my Warrior.

Photobucket






Cave with rabbits.

Photobucket






Gabriella's Ranger.

Photobucket









The world versus us. A story by Lisa and Gabriella.

Yesterday evening we logged on our Sprouts and wanted to continue with our story line but... A disaster happened.

Guild Wars promised us that every person would have a different experience. Guild Wars fulfilled this promise. Our story split! While Gabriella's story made her attend a trade, my story made me defend a village.

"What are we going to do?" whispered Gabriella.
"Cry." said Lisa.

Photobucket




After crying for one minute we came with a solution. We could still help each other with the story quests so we would just do both stories! First I followed Gabriella to her trade, then Gabriella followed me to the village.

This is Gabriella giving me water. This is completely normal.

Photobucket





The conversation at the trade took pretty long so we danced.

Photobucket






After a few sections of the story line we wanted to level so we went into a World vs World map. We decided to explore.

We left the castle in the middle of the map and headed north. We had to get down some cliffs so...

Photobucket





We died.

Photobucket





Ok, so. We headed north, to a camp with NPC enemies. We had to fall back a few times because we saw players from the other worlds (who are very dangerous!).

Photobucket






We killed a boss there to gain a skill point. It was a really fun fight!

Photobucket





We went back to town and headed north west for another skill point. We used some kind of potion which turned me into a robot and Gabriella into a swine. Haha.

Photobucket






We grabbed the second skill point (which was really easy) and headed south. Gabriella fell off another cliff and I came to the rescue.

Photobucket


Photobucket






We went to a vista (overview) point and Gabriella fell again. This time an NPC revived her.

Photobucket






Gabriella with Merrill!

Photobucket






At one of the vista points in the south there were a lot of coyotes  When they were almost dead they howled and more coyotes appeared. It was really annoying. Gabriella couldn't kill them alone fast enough so she tried to revive me first so I could help her. It took really long but she did really well. We survived and headed more south.

Photobucket





There we got the skill point and...

Photobucket



Well...

Photobucket




Y'know...

Photobucket



Oh baby...

Photobucket







ANYWAY. Nice views....

Photobucket


Photobucket






We left our current map and went to another map. There Gabriella died by enemies. I went back to revive her when it was safe but... it wasn't so safe after all.

Photobucket





We got caught up in a really intense battle. I don't know how long it lasted but it was certainly long. The enemy stormed onto our castle and we tried to defend it. We hold strong for really long and eventually managed to push them back to their castle. We weren't strong enough to capture their castle and got scattered.

It was a really awesome battle. I can't describe the feeling that it gave me but it was great, certainly the moment when we pushed them back.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





After the tiring battle we took a break. They were still fighting in the distance (at the fire...).

Photobucket





We went north to get more skill points. At a river I found my fourth pet! A lizard kind of thing. I named him Tiny Rex.

My pets now:
Leopard; Merrill
Fox; Flower
Flamingo; Pinky Boot
Lizard; Tiny Rex

Photobucket


Photobucket






We crossed the river and ran into an enemy (or she ran into us). She soon realized she couldn't fight against the both of us so ran. I just got this skill that made me run faster, and Gabriella gave me also a skill that made me run faster, and chased her.

Photobucket





After a while we managed to catch up with her and kill her.

Photobucket






Ok this isn't really our first kill but this must have been the first kill while we were alone.

Photobucket






We ran into a cave (that Gabriella named Moria...).

Photobucket






I was ahead and noticed that the cave was filled with enemies. I was stunned for a second, then I realized I had to run!

Photobucket





Gabriella hid in the water and wished Gandalf would come to our aid.

Photobucket






I ran off but ran into another enemy and died.

Photobucket






Gabriella tried to revive me but she got stuck between cliffs

Photobucket






I was pretty tired by then so I went back to the way point and stopped for the day.

Photobucket







It was a really, really, fun evening. I really enjoyed. Guild Wars is just amazing. To be continued...