Monday 17 September 2012

Dear Ludovico Einaudi,

Dear Mr Einaudi,

I want to thank you for creating such beautiful music.

I've liked piano music ever since I was young, not only because I started playing piano myself. My first favourite composers were Wim Mertens and Yann Tiersen. I liked their music and listened a lot to them but when I discovered your music (a few months ago) a very different feeling filled my heart. Your music touches me deeply. The melodies, the simplicity, the complexity... You put so many feelings into every note you play... When I see you play I can't stop looking. Your fingers move so smoothly over the piano keys. I really hope I'll be able to play with as much emotion as you do. You define the reason why piano is so great to me, to express emotions and feelings.

You give your own touch to music, you got your own unique style. You're not afraid to experiment with  different instruments, nor afraid to play alone. Even though other instruments join with your piano play, the melody stays one. You bring your passion onto the other musicians.

Every time I'm restless, annoyed, depressed, sad or upset, your music calms me down. Not that I only listen to your music when I'm in a less good mood! I love listening to it any time of the day, with any mood. When I'm waking up, when I do my morning shores, when I sit in the bright noon sun, when I'm drawing in the afternoon, when I'm having a chat with friends at evenings, when I sit in my bed before sleeping and when I fall asleep... I could listen to your music every moment of the day.

I mostly listen to your concert from the Royal Albert Hall. Those versions of your songs are even greater than the 'original' ones.

Thank you, Ludovico Einaudi.

Lisa.