Friday 2 July 2010

New Story - Chapter 5: Leaving the city.

"Noe... Noe!" Noe opened her eyes. "Oh, Rui." said Noe. She closed her eyes again. "Noe, wake up!" "I'm still sleepy." murmured Noe. "Get up! We have to go!" Noe opened her eyes again. "To... Go..." "Yes! To Darken! To see NeocroHero!" "I don't want to, let me sleep." She yawned. Rui glared to Noe and pulled her out of her bed. "What are you doing?" Noe pushed Rui away. "I'll see you in 10 minutes at the city gates." "But... Rui!" Rui left the room. Noe sighted.

Noe walked slowly to the city gates. The city was sleeping, it was still dark. "Why do we have to get up so early..." She yawned. She had a weird dream. In the dream she had wings, white ones. She was flying and it felt so great. After flying for a while someone with black wings appeared. He had blond hair, dirty clothes and red eyes. Al tough he looked scary he smiled to Noe. At that moment Rui woke her. "There you are." said Rui. He was sitting on the city walls. "You shouldn't have been waiting on me. I could have stayed in bed too." "But you didn't." Rui smiled. "Let's go!" Noe followed Rui who left the city and started to walk on a path between the tall grass.
"Do you know the way?" asked Noe after they walked in silence for a while. "Sortof." answered Rui. Noe looked to the sky. It was getting lighter. "What did you say to your parents?" Rui looked traight forward. "Nothing." "You just left without saying bye?" asked Noe. "I don't have parents anymore." said Rui. "I-I'm sorry..." said Noe, not knowing what to say. "That Hero... Yellow hair, clothes on fire, red eyes... When he put everything in fire my parents got stuck in our house. They got burned with the rest of our house, I couldn't find anything of them back. Noe stared to the ground. She tried to link what Rui said to the word fear. Fear was... blond hair, red eyes, fire and losing parents. She smiled. "Why are you smiling. Do you enjoy my sad stories?" Noe shaked her head. "I'm smiling cause I'm learning more and more by talking to you." Rui sighted. They continued walking in silence.

Rui swallowed. He had to hold his tears when he told Noe about his parents. He didn't want to cry in front of Noe. After Noe smiled he started to wonder why he wanted to take this girl to Darken. He realized that he said something about 'seeing you smile' yesterday. That was yesterday. Not today.

"We're going so slow." complained Noe. "How else do you want to travel then?" asked Rui. "By wings!" said Noe. Rui laughed. "Only Heroes got wings!" "I had them too." "Eh?" Rui looked surprised. "In my dream I was flying." said Noe. "That was just a dream, we mortals can only walk." Noe sighted and stopped. "I want to go faster." "We won't go faster if you just stop walking Noe." Noe looked to Rui. He was wearing a huge bag on his back. She noticed that some small totem pole was sticking out of the bag. "What's that?" Noe pointed to the totem pole. "Rui looked to his bag and pulled the totem pole out of it. "This?" Noe nodded. Rui stared to it. "It's the only thing I got left from my hometown. Noe concentrated on the pole. "Give it to me." Rui looked surprised. "What?" "Trow it, now." Rui threw confused the pole to Noe. Noe caught it and stared to it. Then suddenly she waved the pole in the air. Lights surrounded Rui. "W-what are you doing?" said Rui. Noe did the same thing again. This time lights surrounded Noe. Noe shocked. "I-I don't know." She gave it back to Rui. "Let's go." said Noe quiet. They started to walk again. After the first step Rui looked surprised. "What is this? I'm walking faster than usual." Noe noticed the same thing. "I think you did this... when you did that... thing... with my totem pole." Noe shook her head. "How can that be possible?" Rui lifted his shoulders. "I don't know what you did but this is awesome! We're walking much faster now!" Noe smiled. "I guess."