Monday 3 June 2013

Gabriella's box and birthday dinner

Today I received a box from Gabriella! It included a lot of cool and funny stuff.

- A notebook
- A Spider Man bubble blower
- Powder to make Ice Tea (mango)
- Zoo candy
- Tutti Frutti candy
- Chocolate (Gabriella's favourite)
- An cow eraser
- A picture of Gabriella from when she was young (she's really old now)
- An awesome letter


 photo IMG_2122_zps28ee8831.jpg









Mirai and Ezio really like the cow. I just need to come up with a name now!

 photo IMG_2124_zps61331084.jpg









For my father's birthday I invited him to restaurant 'the garden house' with me as cook! We made it really cozy in our garden house and served their dishes there. I asked my brother and my dad his girlfriend's daughters to help me out. I already made the entree at my grandmother's the day before dad's birthday so on the day self I only had to make the main course and the dessert.
I'm really glad everyone helped me out though. We were working with 5 in the kitchen and barely managed to serve the courses on time. The pasta machine broke so we had to hand roll the pasta ourselves and that was pretty tough plus our dough was less thin so we had to make some more but we needed a lot eggs for the dessert so we didn't have eggs anymore.

Anyway, we managed. The entree was a couscous salad with mint, dried peach, pomegranate, nuts and some ingredients. The main dish was self made ravioli (chicken and parma ham with cheese) with tomato sauce and parmesan. The desert was a chocolate mouilleux. Which is a hot chocolate cake with a soft, warm , chocolate filling (it's the best chocolate dish EVER).

Everyone liked so I think I succeeded. It was fun but tiring.

 photo IMG_2116_zpsc254b3d9.jpg


 photo IMG_2115_zps60be42fe.jpg